EMAIL me at

Goodetimegirls@gmail.com
Photobucket

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

TOY STORY BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Happy Birthday to my sweet Muffin Griffin who turned 2 this weekend!!!!

We celebrated with TOY STORY!!! His favorite!!!!




This weekend we celebrated Griffin's Birthday Toy Story Style. Griffin is OBSESSED with all things Toy Story. Especially the 2nd one.

Y'all know how much I love kids. And a theme. And a birthday. And a party. Combine all four= birthday, theme, kids, party, I. AM. IN. HEAVEN.

I started planning last year and I have had so much fun putting this together.


Here is the invite:

I made this super cute banner with the help of my Mama and the Cricut Expression. I used the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge and the Toy Story Cartridge to make. The size of the scalloped squares were about 5.5 inches each. I found all the cute ribbon at Joanns and Michaels. Just look in the $1 bins. I splurged on the Toy Story Ribbon (download the Joanns app on your smart phone for coupons) and I bought a few yards of cow print for Paisley's dress and the tablecloth. I cut off a half yard of the fabric and cut into shreds for the banner. If you are interested in this banner for purchase, let me know!
How cute did the cake turn out? It was made by Donna Sadler who is located outside of Goodlettsville, Tennessee. You can find her on Facebook at Delicious Designs by Donna.

I showed Donna a picture of what I wanted and she nailed it! I HIGHLY recommend Donna. She is so nice and sweet and she is incredibly reasonable!
Here is my birthday boy!! I could just eat him up... I cannot believe my baby is two.

Here is Paisley modeling her Pillowcase dress and a picture of the food decor.
We held the party at Prairie Life Fitness in Franklin, Tennessee. We brought in our own blow ups (how sad is it that I own not ONE but TWO bounce houses, a popcorn machine, and a cotton candy maker?) After renting all of these things twice, I realized I could just buy it for less! ha!

Here is our sweet and precious Grace Hamilton making her debut at the party!! She was SO excited to be there! Grace is in the ongoing stages of leukemia. Y'all might remember me blogging about her. Keep praying friends!
Another close-up of the cake!
The food table. The cricut is so useful! It helped me make so many things you see here!!
Mr. Potato Head was filled with chips. I loved the fact that he was a potato filled with chips. ha! I found him at a consignment sale earlier this year! Planning a themed party? PLAN AHEAD. SHOP EARLY. That way, when you find a great deal, you can stock up!
Here is a glimpse of the banner hanging up!
I also made these sucker Topiary Trees. They turned out so cute!!! I had a candy table for all the guests. Since the party was not at home. I just brought plastic containers for candy. I didn't want my good crystal broken. And the one glass bowl I brought was broken! I was so sad!
I also set up a photo booth for pictures and made some cute props from my Cricut, sticks, and tape!
I also made Buzz's Rocket Fuel (white popcorn, white chocolate, and M&Ms mixed), Marshmallow Pops, Pretzel Rods, and Sugar Cookies in the shape of a 2. All of these were hits! We also had Pizza Planet Pizza brought in as well!!
Love my sweet Hamilton's!

My mama and my husband who were my helpers! Love these two immensely!!

My daddy being silly!
My mama and daddy! This was a test shot but pretty funny so I included it!!!
Me, Debbie, Richard, and Stephen. These are like our second set of parents!!!
Lily Kate, Jim, and Jack swimming! Yes, we bounced, then swam, then ate!
\
Griffin L-O-V-E-D this huge Buzz Lightyear air walker!!! His favorite part of the party!!!
No birthday party is complete without a piƱata!!! Just be careful. This quickly can become dangerous! HAHA!
Pizza time! I also used the potato heads on the table and the kids LOVED putting the pieces together!
More pics playing basketball, swimming, and jumping!
Hunter loves playing on this thing!!!
Another pic of Lily Kate!
Grace and Andrew!
This is actually a water slide that can also be used dry! The kids love it!

Cutting the cake (Yes, Griff had an outfit change! I couldn't help myself!!!)
I was probably talking to myself at this point! haha.
More eating!
Cake and candy time!!!
My sweet muffin!! I love him so very much!!!
Griffin loved the pretzel rods!! His favorite part! Picking one up off the floor!

Hope you enjoyed the pics! I love comments!! Maybe a giveaway for your next party? YES. A $20.00 gift card to Target is in store for one LUCKY commenter. One comment per person, please! Let me know what you think!!! I will draw Monday, April 9th.

XOXO-
KJ

25 comments:

JPAmom said...

This was a PRECIOUS party!!! What a good mama you are!!!

Heather H said...

I love, love, LOVE your party posts! This one did not disappoint. The invitation was so cute! And I'm loving photo booths at parties these days...your props were great! Of course the kids had a ball, how could they not?

Shelli said...

I saw some of your pics on Pinterest so I came over HOPING that you posted more about G's party. I've been reading since right before he was born and I LOVE your parties. I love to plan too, so you are fun to get inspiration from! Great job!! The photo booth was awesome... did you have someone there snapping pics the whole time or did you have a camera for each person to use on their own???

jlkjef said...

Everything turned out soooo cute. I forwarded page link to a friend whose little one is gaga about Toy Story! I'm a friend of your sweet Mama...jlk

Kiley said...

Super cute party!! I love the decor...great job girl!!

Kim said...

Your dress is fabulous, Grace looks amazing, and I am so glad you found a new cake girl. Love you!

Kim
TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

Joy said...

WOW!! Looks like a fabulous birthday party!! I always see amazing parties for girls, but I love that little boys can have spectacular parties, too!!

http://joy-southernsocialite.blogspot.com/

Lauren Tomlinson said...

Fun party. Will be posting pics of MG's 3rd in about 2 weeks or so. Circus themed. Hippee! (as Mary Grace says) Been planning it since the day after her second birthday last year...NO JOKE, Litterally.

Mami2jcn said...

Looks like the kids had a blast!

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

jenny winstead said...

i think you should start party-planning business! that's what I think!

Erin said...

AWESOME party! I sooo need to hire you out for Ty's next birthday! Everything was fabulous!

christabelle121 said...

I can't wait to have children so I can go all out with birthday parties!! You always do such a good job and I know those sweet babies enjoy themselves!!

Katie said...

love the party! adorable!

The Dimino's said...

Such a cute party for little Griffin!! Ya'll are such a cute family!!

Anonymous said...

Cute party idea!! I love all of the little details that were put into it. U am referring this idea and your blog to a friend to check out for her son's 2nd birthday. : )

Jennifer Rexroat
jck006@aol.com

TLF said...

Oh my , what a sweet party!!
I once made a Toy Story cake for my friends sons birthday. Took me 3 days but it was so much fun!! You can see it here: http://www.handbagsandhandguns.com/2010/10/birthday-party-that-almost-fell-apart.html

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Griffin!!


Dani M.
danibrooke42{at}gmail{dot}com

Melody said...

That cake looked really good.

melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

Sydney said...

Such a cute party!!! Love the theme and decorations!

Alyson said...

What a cute party!!! You did a great job...as always:)

Kristen_bartek@yahoo.com said...

I love this idea. I will have to remember that for my little guy

Madeline said...

you should do this full time! great job KJ!

Eva said...

Such a cute cake !
I wouldn't mind winning a $20 Target gift card, I love that store. ;)

Ford Family said...

I too love a themed birthday party! You nailed this one!! I'm in the process of planning a Tinkerbell/Pixie Hollow party for Ginger in May. So much fun!!

Lisa Clark said...

Oh my gosh!! U should be a party planner girl!! I would so hire you;)