EMAIL me at

Goodetimegirls@gmail.com
Photobucket

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I CLEARLY HAVE ISSUES....

Yes, I have issues. The birthday parties are out of control for me. They are to me what animals and magazines are to hoarders. I cannot get enough of a theme! And now we have Etsy....an entire website devoted to overpriced paper goods, custom costumes and outfits, personalized cupcake wrappers, the list goes on and on...


I knew that I had reached the crazy point this week when I called Gwen castle (a local castle in Franklin, Tennessee) to see if it was available to rent for Paisley's birthday party....ha!! This was the castle where Taylor Swift's video Romeo and Juliet was filmed....I know. This party bug is bad!

Paisley's theme this year is Rapunzel. I am having so much fun planning......There are some great ideas with the colors, flowers, and tower that Rapunzel lived in....


I found these adorable cupcake toppers at Etsy. I love them!



I am attempting to make cake pops this weekend....I will fill you all in on the outcome...
I also love this cupcake table with the tulle skirt....just precious!!



I absolutely love this Rapunzel cake....I am so glad I found this picture on the web....I am hoping Puffy Muffin can make something similiar....





Do you all go crazy for birthday parties?
I will do a separate post about Griffin's 1st puppy dog party!!
XOXO-
KJ









5 comments:

Heather H said...

I love themed parties! LOVE THEM. And such a cute idea for Paisley. Good luck with the cake pops! I started making them a little over a year ago; no one will let me bring anything else to get togethers now! They're so addictive. Just as a side note: I totally recommend thinning the candy melts with shortening or paramount crystals and be super careful not to overheat the melts...the color will come out muddled and swirly. Can't wait for more party posts!

~Everything Posh~ said...

I DOUBLE, TRIPLE HEART BDAY PARTIES!

Angela said...

Oh my YES! I totally get into it! In Sept., I did an Alice in Wonderland themed tea party and the special look on their face is worth it all! In Oct.,I did a firetruck party for my 3 yr son. So fun! Rapunzel will be a HIT for sure! can't wait to read more! Oh and yes, big puffy HEART etsy!

Misty said...

Cute party theme! I can't wait to see how it all turns out. I want to hear out the cake pops work out and total step by step directions. I can make cake balls and love them, but every attempt at the pops (with sticks) have been a complete failure! But I see them all the time so I know it's possible. Ha!

Lauren Tomlinson said...

Mary Grace's birthday is in APril and I am already all over it. Owls is the them we are going with. Can't wait. My sis in law is making the invitations and cup cake picks. We are playing pin the owl in the tree and kiddos will make felt owls to take home. Owl pinata, and owl backpack from skip hop (birthday gift) are already in the mail to me. Topiaries out og tootsie pops (how many licks) and baloons and bubbles galore!!