EMAIL me at

Goodetimegirls@gmail.com
Photobucket

Saturday, May 09, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!






GIGI:
She is the best cook of all time...seriously. Her yellow cake with chocolate icing is fierce, along with her chicken spaghetti, turkey and dressing, corn pudding, sweet potato casserole (except when she put Splenda in it), and her pimento cheese. There are TONS more, those are just some of my favorites :)
She gives the best advice and is the most honest person I know. She has always lived by example. Growing up, she never told me to do anything that she did not do. As Paisley is getting older, I am already seeing what a profound effect this has on children. I will never forget when I was about 10 and went through the toll bridge in Gulf Shores. My mom gave the man a twenty and told him to pay for all the cars behind us. As a 28 year old, I still remember how thrilled that made me. I asked my mom, "But how will they know that we were the ones who paid?" My mom said, "That's not what's important. What is important is that we showed kindness."
She has always made us mind. Even now. Even at 28. Even during labor :)
She has always had eyes in the back of her head. ALWAYS.
After being married to my dad for nearly 40 years, she still loves him unconditionally. Even at 28 I love it when she tells me how madly in love they are.
My mom is my partner-in-whine. She always lets me vent to her about my job. I love her so much for that.
She always takes me shopping when she comes to town...gosh, I LOVE that so much! Stephen can't complain at ALL about what I get. And we go to good places, too. She knows I always buy for Paisley. I guess it is the buying cycle of mommies.
She has taught me so much about being a mother, from her nursing knowledge and mommy knowledge. She never cares if I call at 3 o'clock in the morning. And I do. :)
My mom has the most beautiful taste in jewelry. Especially her antique cocktail ring that I adore so much. I even wore it on my wedding day.
She has raised me in church and taught me the importance of taking Paisley to Sunday School and church. I am amazed at all my mom did and how hard she worked so that we could have all the things we needed and desired.
I Love You Mom more than you know. I am so glad that you fought your breast cancer and recovered. I know it has been a hard year. Thanks for all you do for us. Happy Mother's Day!
XOXO-
KJ

GRAMMY:
Grammy, all my friends are jealous. They tell me all the time how lucky I am to have you. I couldn't agree more. You are so helpful with Paisley and I don't tell you so enough for all you do. You seriously know the full 3 stanzas to every song and nursery rhyme. It makes me laugh! Paisley is already singing full choruses of "Are You Sleeping?" You are so selfless. You never ask for anything and are always willing to help and do anything asked of you. You truly have a servant's heart. You always bring the sweetest, most thoughtful little presents for Paisley. You find the neatest books, stuffed animals, etc. Thanks for being so generous and kind. Thank you for always giving us "couple time" and insisting we go on dates. You are so sweet to always think of us. Thank you for setting such a good example in your marriage. Stephen and I are lucky to have both sets of parents happily married. It is refreshing to have parents that we can turn to for advice, everything from raising children to finances. I love you so much and I am honored to have you as my mother-in-law and as Paisley's grandmother.
XOXO-
KJ

No comments: