Some of you may have seen this recipe on Oprah awhile back. This is Donald Trump's
Mar-A-Lago resort's recipe. It is the best turkey burger! I love to make it with corn on the cob and baked sweet potato fries! Happy Grilling!!!
PS- I love this sandwich round bread. The whole grain is perfect!! If you are a WW person, it is 1 point for both pieces.
Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 lemon , juiced and grated zest
- 1/2 bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney , pureed
Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.