Hands-on Time: 30 min.; Total Time: 6 hr., 30 min. Browning the pork chops and onions adds an extra layer of flavor to this dish. We love it served with hot cooked rice and chowchow.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen field peas with snaps, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) can condensed chicken broth
1. Place peas in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker.
2. Combine mustard and next 2 ingredients; sprinkle over pork chops. Dredge pork in flour.
3. Cook pork, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just until browned. Transfer pork to slow cooker. Reserve drippings in skillet.
4. Sauté onion in hot drippings over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Spoon onion mixture over pork in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.