EMAIL me at

Goodetimegirls@gmail.com
Photobucket

Sunday, March 28, 2010

EAT TO LIVE!


Everyone wants to know what we eat on this new "Eat to Live" lifestyle plan. And let me clarify: I try my best to stay on this most days. But being preggo, it is hard. If I cheat, I cheat outside the house (except for my cereal and whole grain waffles). And it usually for ice cream or sweets! Ha!

But most days, this is what we eat LOTS of:
1 . lettuce (spinach, mixed greens, romaine)
2. TONS of vegetables. I buy on bulk from Costco. (cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, asparagus).We also eat about 2-3 avocados a week.
3. TONS of fruit . (Strawberries are the best thing you can eat as far as fruit goes. SO I buy two big boxes. Lots of blueberries, raspberries, grapes, kiwis, and bananas. Sometimes other stuff just depending what is on sale. But any fruit).
4. TONS of nuts. Cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans, walnuts, etc. Anything except for peanuts.
5. Goat cheese, Mozzarella, and Parmesan in small amounts.
6. Lean meats. Mostly fish and seafood. I buy this fresh from Costco or in the freezer bags from Costco. Everything from Halibut, Tilapia, Scallops, Sea bass, crab legs, shrimp, and some very lean, organic, antibiotic free chicken. Stephen only eats about 10-12 ounces of fish a week.
7. Lots of beans. We try to add beans to everything! Black beans, red beans, chickpeas, etc.
8. Limit your whole grains to one cup a day.
9. Stay away from refined sugars (Stevia is the best artificial sweetener).
10. Stay away from ALL oils (olive oil is okay in VERY VERY small doses) and high fat dairy. Non-fat dairy in VERY small amounts.

It is strict, but it is a funny thing...I am craving the bad stuff less and less. I still can't give up my Diet Dr. Pepper and the cheese is hard. But the weight loss is incredible. And the other great parts: I am NOT hungry and there is NO COUNTING! You can eat as much as you want of fruits and veggies.


A TYPICAL SATURDAY menu at the Goody household:
Breakfast:
Egg Whites (2 egg whites/1 egg)
1/2 Avocado
Strips of Red Pepper
Dash of Mozzarella
Apple
Snack:
Sabre Hummus
Cucumber
Lunch:
Whole wheat penne
black beans
Amy's all natural spaghetti sauce
sprinkle of parmesan
Snack:
2 Clementine's
Celery and Almond Butter
Dinner:
Spinach salad (spinach, strawberries, goat cheese, walnuts, balsamic vinegar)
Steamed asparagus and garlic
Pan seared carrots
Baked Halibut with sauteed onions
Dessert:
Warmed apples with Cinnamon baked in a whole wheat pita.

I mean, how much food is that?? There is NO way you go hungry on this! My mother-in-law lost 12 pounds her first week. Typical weight loss is around 30 pounds for 6 weeks. Check out the book, EAT TO LIVE by Dr. Joel Furhman. It is wonderful. Not to mention the health benefits.
Hope you all are having a wonderful Palm Sunday.
XOXO-
KJ

No comments: