EMAIL me at

Goodetimegirls@gmail.com
Photobucket

Sunday, May 23, 2010

AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD!

I am on a major kick to loose my baby weight, mainly because very few of my clothes fit. And even though the scale says I am 5 pounds away, my stomach certainly doesn't look like it!! And I don't think my belly will ever be the same. But, my babies are DEFINITELY worth it!!!

ANYWAY, back to the bread...Mark and Susan Smith, a precious family that we attend church with, brought over a few gifts for Griffin and Paisley and also brought over some Amish Friendship Bread. Oh my gosh, it is ridiculous!! Paisley loves it and I am sure you and your children will, too! Here are the directions. And share with your friends...they will love it too!!

Hope you are all having a blessed Sunday!
XOXO-
KJ



AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD

The day you receive 1 cup of starter your friend will advise you which day of the instructions to begin.

Note: DO NOT USE METAL BOWL OR SPOON - DO NOT REFRIGERATE.

DAY 1 - Do nothing. DAY 2 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 3 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 4 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 5 - Add: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk. DAY 6 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 7 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 8 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 9 - Stir with a wooden spoon. DAY 10 - Add: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk. On DAY 10 - make the Amish Friendship Bread.

First pour off three 1 cup starters. Save one for yourself and give the other to 2 friends.

Pour remaining batter into a large bowl and add the following ingredients:

1 c. oil
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
3 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. nuts, chopped
1 lg. box instant vanilla pudding

Pour into 2 well greased and sugared loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes (longer if glass) before removing from pans. This does real well in the freezer. Makes a delicious sweet bread.

STARTER:

1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. milk

Start instructions with day 1.








1 comment:

Anna said...

This stuff is AMAZING. Someone gave us some a while back and we absolutely LOVE it!