EMAIL me at

Goodetimegirls@gmail.com
Photobucket

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Kathie Lee Gifford once said, "Women can have it all, just not at the same time."
I think this pretty much sums me up to a tee! I am constantly trying to find balance. I want to be the best daughter, granddaughter, sister, wife, mother, etc. etc. etc.
I want to work and be there for my kids at 3:30. And be at the church. Serving. And cook supper. And have a great figure. And spray tan (okay, that I am doing.) And be fashionable. And be on every board. And have a social life. And make President's Club. And be a top seller at work. And the list goes on and on and on and on. I wear myself out sometimes!
But of all the hats that I wear and all the jobs I have, being a mommy is by far the hardest, most rewarding, most underpaid job I have ever done! And there is no quitting, although time out is an option.
I used to look at mom's and say, "She looks awful and her house is a wreck." Now I know. She has a newborn and a 3 year old and has had no sleep, probably not eaten, looking for time to brush her teeth, and is just trying to survive day by day. I know. Because I am there right now. Cute Griff is up every 1-2 hours. YIKES!! He is about to kill his poor mama. I forgot how much of a &^%$# I am with no sleep!! SO if you see a mommy and she looks beat up, Mother's Day or any other day, tell her she is doing a great job. I am sure she needs to hear it!!

With all that said... nothing is greater than hearing that heartbeat for the first time on the Doppler or seeing that sonogram picture. Or when you are in that operating room, and you hear that first cry, and you pray to God that everything is okay. At that moment, you truly forget about yourself. It becomes real. You start thinking about the life that you and your spouse created. If you experience the miracle of life and still don't believe in God, something is wrong with you. It truly is a surreal experience.
The second time is no different. You know what to expect, but it is still very exciting and emotional. Within seconds you would kill someone over him. Besides salvation, being a mother is truly the greatest gift you will ever receive.

I feel like I fail daily at being a mother. Thank goodness everyday is fresh with a new beginning. I am very fortunate to have two mothers in my life that make it much easier. And an older sister with three amazing children who makes it look like a cake walk. I rely on these women daily for guidance, questions, support, and to cry to when things get too hard to handle.



I also have a great support system of girlfriends and we constantly seek advice from one another. Between the 10 of us, we have nearly 20 kids!! Wowzas!
I hope you all had a fantastic Mother's Day celebrating with your families. And if you aren't a mother and want to be, please know I will be praying for you on your journey.
XOXO-
KJ


2 comments:

theskipper said...

You are the one of the sweetest people ever and this post made me cry!!! I don't think that you give yourself enough credit for the things that you do. I'm not a mommy but if I am ever lucky enough to be, I hope that I am able to handle it all in stride and with a smile like you seem to do! You never know the lives that you touch with just your blogs...just wanted you to know that you have touched mine in a positive way. Thank you.

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

thanks so much Shelley!! XO KJ