Monday, August 16, 2010
Y'all know I don't have time to cook, but I LOVE this recipe. And my husband LOVES Key Lime Pie.
1 box (0.3 oz) Lime flavored gelatin, sugar-free
1/4 cup Water, boiling
2 containers (6 oz each) Key Lime Pie-flavored light yogurt
1 tsp Lime zest, grated
1/4 cup Lime juice, fresh squeezed
1 container (8 oz) Frozen whipped topping, fat-free, thawed
1 9" prepared Graham cracker pice crust, reduced-fat
1 Egg white, beaten with fork
1. Carefully brush graham cracker crust with egg white (gently, so crust doesnt crack). Bake in 375 degree oven for 5 min. Remove, let cool.
2. In the meantime, in a large heat-resistant bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
3. Add fresh lime juice and lime zest to gelatin mixture.
4. With wire whisk, stir in yogurt
5. With wooden spoon, fold in whipped topping.
6. Transfer mixture to prepared, cooled crust. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours.
(Use the crust''s plastic cover, flipped over so it makes a dome, as the lid, to keep pie fresh while chilling. Lid also makes this pie easy to transport to a gathering.)
7. Slice and serve into 8 pieces: garnished with thin lime slice, if desired.
Per slice: 193 calories, 3 g. fat, 4.3 g fiber, 3 points